Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekend Fun


Time is flying by down here! I can't believe that this weekend is going to bring in February...it's just all too fast. My body is so accustomed to telling time by seasons, but now that I am on a different weather pattern it all blends together!

Life is going well, though. My teaching schedule is busy, but I love working with students in small groups. We are able to do a lot of fun things that are difficult with a whole class. I start some private after school tutoring next week and hoping will be getting involved with Roblealto soon (an orphanage near my house).

I have found a church that is a perfect fit...finally! It is called Dimension Cristiana and I love it- the worship, the teaching, the people. Also, I have been getting to know some of the school families better now that I work with more grades- I have a lot of sibling sets. I was invited to my first birthday party for a student and loved it. When I walked in I was attacked by about 20 little children screaming "Miss Loosa!" and giving me hugs. They are so cute! :)

Weekends have been so relaxing and fun...morning walks in the sun, delicious breakfasts with Jeanette, afternoon excursions to various places in San Jose, game nights with families, and going to the movies. This past weekend I had a very cultural experience- Tricia, Kate, and I went with Tricia's Tica family to the big feria in Zapote. It is a huge fruit and veggie market filled with vendors, buyers, and lots of free fruit samples for Gringo girls. :) It was delicious. Afterwards we went to the nearby pool and soaked up the sun while surrounded by mountains and banana trees. Picture perfect.

No comments: