Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Weekend Away

Hello, Friends! I haven't posted in awhile, I know...I am not great at it. But I do have news to report now. I explored a new part of Costa Rica this past weekend. Since we didn't have school on Friday us girls (Trish, Kate, Kim, and I) took off to the beach! After finally finding the bus station, missing the bus, and then an extra long drive we made it to Brasilito, a small beach town on the Altantic Ocean. We immediately checked into the hotel and ran out to the beach to enjoy the rest of the sunshine and then to watch the incredible sunset. We spent the rest of the evening going out to dinner, playing games while eating ice cream, and star gazing.


Saturday was a full day at the beach in the sun! We walked down the beach about 15 minutes to Playa Conchal, a beautiful beach where the "sand" is actually broken down seashells. We spent all day swimming in the freezing water, laying in the sun, and relaxing. It was amazing! We stayed until the sunset and then headed back to get ready for dinner. We passed the evening just like the one before.

Since we had to leave on Sunday we got an early start at the beach. We enjoyed the sun for a few hours and then headed back to get ready to leave. Unfortunately for us traffic coming into San Jose was terrible so we spent 7 1/2 long hours on the bus...no fun. It was worth it, though, to spend the weekend in the sun relaxing and reenergizing ourselves.

As for life here....time is flying by! I am now tutoring twice a week and volunteer translating once a week so I am busy, but I love it. This weekend I am heading up to a resort for a women's retreat with the language institute. That should be a great time, also!

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I'm glad you get to go away on weekends. I would love to be able to be so close to the ocean!
Love,
Mom