Wednesday, September 3, 2008

La Pura Vida

Costa Rica's slogan is "Pura Vida"- the pure life. Pure meaning sweet, simply, relaxing, etc. I have yet to experience much of CR's relaxing side, but I see what they mean. Walking into school and seeing the mountains all around you is breathtaking. Here is the view:



And here is my little classroom:

The students have been keeping me busy this week as there is still a lot to plan and prepare for the year. I officially start teaching tomorrow- social studies! Keep me in your prayers as I continue to get used to Costa Rica and the school!

3 comments:

Mindful Lines said...

Okay, it cracks me up. You are in the largest classroom and you call it "my little classroom." :) Have you seen the other classrooms yet? :) Just teasing.

Cory said...

Hi Friend! I can't believe its taken me so long to get to your blog... I've been thinking about you and your new adventure.....
I was divulging life plans with my family last night- I don't know what I'm doing... but CR was discussed again.... Man I want to be there too!
Do you know how long you are staying?

Anonymous said...

Dear KIMMIE,
Is your apartment building fairly
new? I didn't see many trees,
flowers and such.
Your Little Class looks very
orderly -is it still that neat?
I am praying for u.

love ral